Thursday, September 27, 2007

GIRL 56 ~ KID VOICE GIRL

GIRL 56

KID VOICE GIRL

Her picture was ugly.

Her writeup was boring.

She wanted a date.

On the phone, she sounded like an 8 year old.

I met her in Princeton for an ice cream cone at the Halo Pub.

I showed up an hour late, on purpose. I scoped her out from across the street while I lit a cigar.



She was a short-haired hag and much older than she'd looked in the picture.

I could have flaked (disappeared).

I decided to wade in. I had an hour until sunset, when the next date was scheduled to start.

I shook her hand. It was limp and cold.

We talked. Her spirit was limp and cold.

I looked at her. Kid Voice Girl, I said, I'm not for you and you're not for me.

She freaked out. What? How could you be like that? How could you be so mean?

I stood up. I guess I'll stop torturing you, I said.

I walked away.

Yikes. I should have just stood her up.

Lesson learned.

No comments: